Friday, November 30, 2007

Snore

I spent half of yesterday in meetings, and the other half researching the difference in the non-profit status of a 501(c)(3) and a 501(c)(4) entity. Needless to say, I am very ready for it to be the weekend.

I am also very ready for it to be a weekend where I don't have to go anywhere. Sweet Jebus, I can sleep in. Or, I could sleep in were it not for the stupid fact that the only time I seem to be sound asleep these days is in the half hour before I have to get up to get working. Stupid malicious insomnia and it's cruel sleep depriving jokes. You would think if anything would put me to sleep it would be reading tax law, but apparently not.

---

Anyhoo.

---

Anybody watch the Celtics/Knicks game last night? Quite a competition, eh? I'm not positive, but I think I saw several of the Knicks players flatline on the court last night. Yeah, that's right, I said it. The Knicks have no heart.

---

Tried to read a book last night called Stumbling on Happiness by Daniel Gilbert. Supposedly it was out of the Tipping Point/Blink/Freakonomics mold, but concentrated on the fact that people basically don't know what makes them happy. Sort of. Well, the book might have gotten interesting if the stupid author didn't think he was so funny. Oh, and trust me, he was not funny. At all. I last about three pages in and had to close the books. Stupid academics and their snotty nose in the air sense of superiority humor. Now I need to go back to the library and find a book to read that doesn't suck.

---

Anyways, my office has cleared out for the weekend, which is nice. That means I can either a) turn up my music all the way and actually get some work done, or b) go home. It's a tough call. Thank god I don't know anyone who I could talk into going out for a beer right now, because then I would have an option c) See how many Guiness' I can drink before it gets dark out.

---

Yeah, I think there's a real possibilty that the c)s would have it if only I could convince someone else this was a good idea.

Alright, I'm outta here. I gotta make some calls.

No comments: