Wednesday, December 5, 2007

If it's gonna be cold...

If it's gonna be cold, there might as well be two feet of snow on the ground. Nothing I hate worse than dark, dreary, freezing cold winters without even the courtesy to throw us some snow for entertainment's sake. At least now I can think to myself, well, if you had motivation, and $120, you and the wifey could go skiing. (Of course, by February, I'll need $144.)

As it is, I'm going to be getting home after dark, again. Despite the dark, I'll take the mutt for a walk, or in her case, a run, and in my case, an enforced slide followed by headfirst dives into snow banks to avoid college students flying around and trucks coming from the water treatment plant. After this, I'll work on the house for a couple hours, and then read and drink some wine for a bit. After that, I'll cook some dinner, by which time the wife should be home. After dinner, it'll be back to the wine and the book. The book: Live From New York: An Uncensored History of Saturday Night Live, as Told By Its Stars, Writers and Guests. The wine: whatever's open.

Yup. It's winter in Maine.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

you forgot the part when you then do the dishes

s said...

Oh no I didn't

Goods said...

why does the style sheet on this template cut the body of the message off.

Change it Visco, change it now

s said...

Huh?

It's not doing that for me I don't think.

Jason Lainsbury said...

goods are you still using internet explorer?