Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Nice decision UMaine, way to be smaht

So, no cancellation of school again today, just a 10 am start. Now, the roads were more or less fine, until you got on campus. The roads were shoddily plowed, but that was to be expected, as shoddiness is a-ok by the University of Maine. No, that was fine. The problem I have, is they hadn't plowed the stupid parking lots. Morons. And of course, students are idiots, so they just parked every which way in their efforts to get to class, so the plow trucks now can't get through.

Nice planning, UMaine. Way to use the ol' noggin.

Idiots.

---

Anyways, hell of a game last night! For those three of my friends that actually have cable, and for the one of you that can actually stay up late enough to watch the end of the game, (Liz, that'd be you) what'd you think?

Seriously though, anyone else think it was a little weird that ESPN invited Don Shula into the booth to talk about how bad he wanted the Patriots to lose? Were they trying to jinx things? I mean, it's not easy to make me feel bad for these particular Patriot's, but that seemed a little wrong. Fortunately, every single little thing possible went the Patsies way on the last drive of the game, to keep the undefeated season alive for one more week. Another note, Tom Brady may get the credit for winning that game with the last minute drive, but I really think Rodney Harrison should get at least as much credit. He was all over the place, making big play, after big play.

On one last note, as much as the NFL drives me a little nuts with their grandstanding, and pseudo moral superiority, they at least have a playoffs. Way to be College Football. This year, finally, nobody has any idea who the top two teams really are. Nice work. If I cared a little more, I might just rant about this. But, I don't care about college football, so I guess I'll just go back to the quiet solitude of my office.

3 comments:

Major said...

I shouldn't have stayed up for the game but I did. Yes, my Tom Brady did a nice job but I ditto Steve's comments on Rodney Harrison. I made it to the finals in my fantasy league so life is good. Keep throwing that ball Tom, at least for the next couple of weeks. ~Major

J.V. said...

I managed to stay awake as well. I cannot believe how many crucial 4th Down plays there were in that last drive.

Prior to last nights game I didn't really care about the undefeated season, just another Super Bowl victory. Now, out of spite for Shula and the '72 Dolphins, I will be cheering for the Pats to win out the rest of the season and playoffs.

s said...

Seriously.

What a bunch of pompous assed old fogies. There was a few of them on Sportscenter after the game (yup, couldn't sleep again) and they were talking about how this year's dolphins were an embarrassment to all the other dolphins.

If they're not careful, they may actually get me to start rooting for the Patsies.