Monday, December 3, 2007

Yeah Snow Day

Oh wait, no snow day for UMaine. But, but, I can see the snow! It looks dangerous!

The wifey has a snow day. Hell, the Maine Legislature has a snow day. Not me though. I have to slave away... sitting here in my warm house... drinking hot coffee... Guess it really doesn't matter if it's snowing or not. (Mental note: It's not really all that tough to be me.) Kind of puts a damper on the whining a bit, but that's never stopped me before.

Seriously though, the University should be closed today. I think they forget sometimes that this isn't 1960 anymore, and never mind the professional staff, but a large number of their students don't live on campus anymore.

---

You know what I'm sick of? This whole Johan Santana trade thing. This is what I hate about baseball. I know I am a Yankees fan, and they have the highest payroll in baseball, and blah blah blah. Johan Santana should be on the Twins. It's bad for baseball that only three or four teams could afford him. That said, I would much rather the Yankees get him than the Red Sox, because a Santana/Beckett/Dice-k/Bucholz/Lester rotation scares me a lot for the next 5 years, at least. Nevermind Schilling and Wakefield for the next few years. Jesus. I'm sure the Yankees will find a way to compete, but that's pretty intimidating.

1 comment:

Goods said...

I hate to say that I agree with a Yankee's fan, but Santana should stay put.

I do want my team to be powerful, but I don't want something that the patriots ended up getting stuck with. The Pats are so powerful now that people HATE them. Yes, the yankee's of football. I will not let that happen to the red sox.